Our second book is in the works!
Dear Return Missionary:
Thank you for sharing your testimony with the world. As a convert myself, I know firsthand the immeasurable value of missionaries. If you have a good, faith-promoting and inspiring story to tell, we want to hear it whether you served 30 days or 30 years ago.
A Global Testimony is a compilation of powerful, inspiring conversion stories from 60 countries. It was meant to show life before, during and after conversion with a specific emphasis on the conversion process - those pivotal moments when they knew with conviction and were willing to make whatever changes were necessary to keep that in their lives. We also focused on subsequent experiences that have really tested, magnified and solidified their testimonies. All stories were written in first person by the converts themselves (then edited). It is strongly encouraged that you read at least a couple of stories via look inside on Amazon (kindle look inside version shows a few full stories).
The feedback has been outstanding with faith being strengthened, couples deciding to serve missions and lives being changed for the better. All the brethren were sent a copy as well.
With the second book, A Global Message (title subject to change; suggestions welcome), we want to share more of these amazing, life-changing stories but as told by the missionary. We are looking for powerful, interesting conversion(s) you were a part of that was/were impactful to the individual and to you. Perhaps you have a friend with a book-worthy missionary experience you can forward this to...
The point is to produce another book that brings the Spirit to the reader and increases their faith in God and in His plan for each individual, that shows His hand in people's lives (i.e. you may have been specifically prepared to brings someone to the gospel, they may have had interesting circumstances bring them to you or something happened to them that opened the door to more light and truth etc).
Help questions to help you organize your story:
These are help questions only and serve as a guideline. Follow the Spirit in telling your story your way.
1) Your background:
- were you born in the Church or are a convert? How did you gain your testimony in either case?
- When and how did you decide to serve a mission? How did you prepare?
- What was your first impression when you found out where you would be going?
2) The Mission:
Give a brief overview of the country/mission you served in:
- some cultural, demographic, economic, religious etc background
- anything that stood out to you or was different than what you are used to
- why you learned to love the culture and the people (if you did)
3) The Powerful Missionary Experience:
-How did you meet/were led to this person?
THEIR LIFE BEFORE CONVERSION
- What was their life /lifestyle like?
- What was their relationship with God?
- What experiences did they have with the Gospel / Church / Members before they started studying?
LEARNING ABOUT THE GOSPEL
- What drew them toward investigating it?
- What were their experiences while reading the scriptures? While praying? While attending church?
- What was the turning point that made their decision to be baptized/ how did they know it was true?
- Any scripture verses, quotes, or understandings that were pivotal in their conversion?
- Any obstacles- family, government, lifestyle, doubt etc. ?
THE BAPTISM, AND BEYOND
- Any faith promoting tender mercies/miracles that happened?
- Life as a member -
- How has it changed their life?
The above may be helpful to you as a missionary telling of these experiences but you should also include your own experience...
- Promptings of the Spirit in what to say, how to approach, where to go ...
- Any inspiration, answers to prayer...
- How your own testimony was increased and solidified through these experiences...
End with a firm testimonial paragraph on how your mission has impacted your life and with your solid testimony. This paragraph should be especially powerful.
All stories should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org as a Word document and "Powerful Missionary Story" in the subject line. Length can vary but should fit within the 3-10 page range. If your story is selected for the book, we will edit it together via google docs and you will have the chance to approve the final version. Any extras can be shared online with a huge audience as well. Relevant photos are welcome and should probably include you as a missionary.
Official Facebook page:
As we've been reminded in general conference, the Lord has asked us to stand up for what we believe and to share the gospel. Our daily interactions may touch dozens, but our written stories may inspire millions - for generations to come.
The world is looking forward to your story! Thank you in advance!
We will select one or two stories per country and cap it when we have enough so please start asap.
Once the country is in green, the submissions for that particular country are closed.
Antigua and Barbuda
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Central African Republic
Congo, Democratic Republic of the
Congo, Republic of the
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Trinidad and Tobago
United Arab Emirates